Sending e Mail to undisclosed Recipients

john bunyan 17:34 PM 08 Jul 12

I have Outlook and W7. Sometimes I receive e Mails Addressed to me and, no doubt, to others, with a Dear John into and no other circulation shown .I want to do the same but may have to just send it to "Undisclosed Recipients" , using BCC to send copies to about 50 people.At the moment I send it to myself with BCC. How do I use "Undisclosed Recipient" as maim addressee?

Forum Editor 18:27 PM 08 Jul 12

Start Outlook.

Click New and open drop down menu.

Select Contact.

Type “Undisclosed recipients” under Full Name.

Type your email address under E-mail.

Click Save and Close.

To send an email to multiple but hidden recipients with “Undisclosed recipients” in the “To” field:

Start Outlook.

Click new email message. Click the “To” button.

Highlight Undisclosed recipients.

Click To ->. Highlight all people in your address book to whom you want to send the message.

Click Bcc ->.

Click OK.

Add any additional recipients’ email addresses to the “Bcc” field.

Separate addresses with semicolons.

Compose your message and click Send.

john bunyan 18:29 PM 08 Jul 12

Thank you very much!

Woolwell 18:30 PM 08 Jul 12

FE beat me to it. I was going to post a link but PCA thinks that it is spam!

Batch 18:58 PM 08 Jul 12

I don't know how this works in Outlook, but (if I'm understanding the issue correctly) in OE you just don't put anything in the To field (it does allow that) and it arrives as from Undisclosed-Recipient:;

john bunyan 19:19 PM 08 Jul 12

Batch Will try both methods. I have put Undisclosed recipient in my address book as there was no drop down menu when I opened a New message.At least I will get a copy to check the e Mail has gone out! I guess the personalised "Dear.." uses a special mail merge programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know