Sending compressed folder with Hotmail

musicbassman 14:01 02 Jun 07

Surely this should be so easy! I am trying to send a photo folder using Hotmail. So I right click the folder,choose 'compress and email', the folder is compressed, then I am asked for Passport log in, which, unlike Hotmail log in, asks for your user name and password, not your email address and password. I do this and then I get a message saying 'Fatal log in error' then 'hr=(series of numbers)' and 'f= series of numbers)'
I googled this error and found one result which advised a Microsoft update to fix this. I have done this, but the 'Fatal log in error' is the same. I have tried signing in to Hotmail first but this makes no difference.
Can anyone advise on this?

Technotiger 16:32 02 Jun 07

Hi, I have a hotmail address but use Incredimail as my email program. When I want to send a Folder full of photo's (the folder is within My Pictures) I right-click on the folder and in the drop down menu that appears I click on Send to, and then on Compressed Zipped Folder. The Zipped folder then appears within My Pictures - so I create my email and then Attach the Zipped Folder. Then send the email in normal way.

musicbassman 20:54 02 Jun 07

Thanks, technotiger, but I'm sure that sending a compressed folder using Hotmail - one of the most common webmails on the planet - can't be impossible - can it?
Anyone else any ideas??

Technotiger 21:23 02 Jun 07

Hmm, don't think I can really help then, except to remind you that there are limits to the size of attachments sent via Hotmail - 1Mb for normal Hotmail, 20Mb for Hotmail Plus. At least as far as I am aware.

musicbassman 21:46 02 Jun 07

I've tried sending just a single picture this way and I get the same result!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009