Sending attachments

kerses 16:28 04 Jan 04

When I send an attachment it comes to the recipient ok but won’t open - just the small square with “X” in it. This happened with a .jpg file and a .zip one. Am with OneTel service, IE6 and Win98.
Any ideas please?
kerses

DieSse 17:15 04 Jan 04

Try sending the same things to yourself, as a check.

Are you sure you are actually attaching the file, and not just a shortcut to the file?

mosfet 17:21 04 Jan 04

Has the recipient a tick on "Do not allow attachments etc. (In tools..options..security?)

kerses 14:52 05 Jan 04

Many thanks to both. I was trying to send this to myself, as I was not sure how successful it would be. According to length quoted in Inbox the attachment came in intact. So it was not the suggested "no attachments".
However, my son-in-law has just told me he is having a similar problem, and only solved it by uninstalling QuickTime, so I'm going to try that one first. Will post result.

brian3 15:23 05 Jan 04

I received an attachment in power point I have word 2000 but cannot view the attachment Is there a plug in or a down load so I can view it with out spendig shed loads of money.
help please Regards Brian Collins

beeuuem 15:51 05 Jan 04

Brian3
click here

You would be more certain of getting a reply if you create a new thread for a new query. Your query could get lost in an existing thread.

Stuartli 15:54 05 Jan 04

You can download the PowerPoint viewer at Microsoft's website:

click here.

DieSse 21:08 05 Jan 04

Unfortunately you didn't tell us what happened when you receivedv the attachments you sent to yourself.

Suggstion - please feel free to email me, via the yellow envelope next to my name. I will then send you one of my other email addresses, and you can send me the attachments - then I will try and identify what's going on for you.

DieSse 21:32 05 Jan 04

Sorry about the "sending to self" comments - on re-reading I understand what you were trying to do !!

The offer still stands to send them to me.

JMG 21:41 05 Jan 04

look at your outlook settings under tools, options etc. Make sure attachments are set to be viewed bla bla bla....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…