Send recieve emails whilst abroad

Awestruck 21:22 18 Dec 06

My friend has a laptop which he intends to take to Cyprus with him in the summer. His ISP (eclipse broadband) said he must take out a dialup account with another ISP to send/receive emails whilst abroad. He signed up to a payg account with tiscali. Please would someone tell me how does he send/receive emails while he is in Cyprus using his payg dial-up account.
Awestruck

Diodorus Siculus 22:02 18 Dec 06

When in Cyprus he will need to set up an account with a local ISP in order to send email - he will need to connect with them and use their outgoing email server (smtp server) to send mail; he will be able to collect from Tiscali using the tiscali pop3 details.

Better in my opinion to set up a free webmail service such as yahoo mail which cna then be accessed from anywhere.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:15 18 Dec 06

Why doesn't he visit an internet cafe and just download the emails from the web?

G

rupie 01:14 19 Dec 06

I work away lots and am always logging onto hotel and remote wireless networks for e mail. Not all are free. I use outlook and Normallly I can send/recieve easily without any problems. If ther are no wireless available where you stay then cafes are perfect for web mail. If he wants to live and setup connection via a phone line then it all depends in your ISP. Not many ISPs are active in cyprus and so he may need to do this via a local one or change his home ISP. Try and find a cheap local ISP

WonderMum 06:20 19 Dec 06

Most laptops these days have a built in wireless facility and there are hundreds of places worldwide where you can access wireless. Cyprus is a modern state and I would imagine that he will have no trouble finding hot spots. With a bit of luck, this will be free of charge too!

mfletch 12:58 19 Dec 06

My brother in law travels the world on business
and he uses a Hotmail account {free} for all his private emails.

Graham. 16:51 19 Dec 06

Cyprus Wifi:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…