Send / Receive dialog in Outlook

so3003 12:13 05 Jan 03
  so3003 12:13 05 Jan 03

Thanks for the help with my video card question, I wonder if anyone could help me with this?

I'm running MS Outlook 2000 (as opposed to Outlook Express), and for some reason, when I send and receive email it's not bringing up the dialog box that shows mail uploading / downloading. I know it's not that big a deal but I would like it to work again!

All I can think of is that someone has been mucking about on my computer and has changed something, but I don't have a clue where to find any settings for that type of thing... any ideas?

Scott

Steve- 12:34 05 Jan 03

Click: Tools, Send/Receive settings then Show Progress, and untick the don't show dialog box.

so3003 13:14 05 Jan 03

Can't find a Send/Receive settings area in Tools menu or from Tools->Options :(

Steve- 13:22 05 Jan 03

Sorry, I am running Outlook 2002, in this it is the second item down under the tools drop down menu. I thought 2000 was similar but it may not be so. Appologies.

DieSse 13:59 05 Jan 03

OK - for Outlook2000 - when it's actually doing a Send/Recieve, go to the bit in the bottom right hand corner, where it says Checking Mail, and you will see an arrow next to it.

Click on the arrow and you will get a dialogue box with Details. Click Details, and up they come - then you can untick the Hide box.

Steve- 14:34 05 Jan 03

For info, I tried this on my version of 2000, the arrow did nothing! I then created an incorrect email login and Outlook gave an "error please click here" message bottom right and this gave access to the Progress page.

so3003 14:46 05 Jan 03

I've managed to get the dialog to come up by putting a wrong password into a mail account, and when it came up the "hide" box was indeed checked.

Thanks for your help everyone. (I wonder if there is an option anywhere for this though?!)

Scott

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…