send to option in drop down menu

bert52a 15:36 PM 21 May 11

Some of the devices I connect to my pc allow me to use the "send to" option on the drop down menu when I right click a media file but when I use my YP-P2 Samsung player it doesn't show so I have to copy and paste the file.Is there a way I can get it to come up on the send to menu? ta

Sea Urchin 15:44 PM 21 May 11

This should help - how to customise the send to menu

Add to menu

bert52a 16:41 PM 21 May 11

Thanks urchin .This works for programs but my device doesn't appear on the drop down even though I've pasted it to the send to menu.

rdave13 17:05 PM 21 May 11

Try this, make sure your device is connected via usb. Click start and in the search box type shell:sendto. Leave the folder open. Go to computer and drag and drop your Samsung player to the sendto folder. This will leave the shortcut in the sento folder.

bert52a 17:13 PM 21 May 11

thanks rdave. I've done that but it doesn;t show when i right click- I've added notepad and that shows when I use the drop-down menu but following the same procedure for the samsung will let me paste bit then doesn't show when I use the drop down menu

rdave13 17:22 PM 21 May 11

Try dragging and dropping rather than copying and pasting.

bert52a 17:38 PM 21 May 11

tried it still the same result

bert52a 17:56 PM 21 May 11

sorted it out. The device will only let me send files to a specific "Music" folder and not to the device- unless I go thru a media player. So I've pasted the Music folder to the send to menu and I can now use it. Thanks everybody!

rdave13 19:23 PM 21 May 11

Strange but a good answer. Ta for the feedback. Click a tick on the right hand side to get the post resolved. Will help others in the forum when they browse here. Ta again.

woodchip 19:53 PM 21 May 11

Have you tried dragging it to your User Name one in Windows Explorer Not the One in Windows folder, but under C:\Documents and Settings your User Name Expand it to find Send To folder. For Win Explorer press Win Key Plus E key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11