Send To lost with Nero?

krislas 12:22 24 Feb 04

My old PC running ME had a CDRW using Easy CD Creator. With it I could right click any file, and via send to menu, send it to CDRW drive, whether I used a CDR disk or CDRW disk. I now have a new home built PC running XP home and a new CDRW drive which came with Nero 5. Although I can burn fine using Nero, the CDRW drive does not appear in the send to menu, which I find odd as my removable card reader/writer does when connected, and right clicking works perfectly with it. I tried to add the shortcut manually to the send to menu, but when I try to use it I get told it has been moved, and asks if I want to delete it. I also added a shortcut for the drive on the desktop , but drag and drop does not work either, and I get the same error message. Is this a problem caused by my drive, XP or Nero? Any ideas gratefully received. The drive is only a few months old so warranty would apply.

Thanks for you help

Diodorus Siculus 12:31 24 Feb 04

You need InCD to do this; comes with some versions of Nero.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:41 24 Feb 04

I have just noticed that i have this option and didnt know or never noticed before and no idea how it got there,what i would say is update your nero version to the latest 1 off the net this may well add the option back.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:46 24 Feb 04

This should direct download nero 5.5 latest version click here
Just update with it nope u have 5.5 not 5.0 lol

Stuartli 13:17 24 Feb 04

Answer to Nero query on the ahead website:

"Which Nero version do I need for windows XP?

The first version of Nero Burning Rom which supported XP was Nero so you need to have Nero or later.

If you already own Nero 5 or 5.5, you can update to the latest Nero 5.5 Version for free."

See this thread for more confusion demonstrated by ahead on Nero updates logic...:-)

click here

Stuartli 13:21 24 Feb 04

The update as mentioned above is at:

click here

krislas 22:26 24 Feb 04

Thanks for that. I will download it and find out how it goes. I'll keep you posted.

krislas 22:45 24 Feb 04

Well, I had downloaded the version whilst surfing and just went off line to install it. When I right click, I did find the shortcut E in the send to menu, but when I tried to use it I was told that the item E that the shorcut refers to has been changed or moved and will not work.I do have InCD by the way, but this is only for rewritable disks. What I do not understand is when I create a shortcut on the desktop, I can acces the content of the drive, but cannot send anything to it. Seems that the shortcut only works one way. Is that possible? I would welcome any ideas?

Chegs ® 23:19 24 Feb 04

click here

I lost my "Send To..." completely,see this previous thread on ways to return it.There are also many pages(via Google)that show you howto create a shortcut for the right-click menu.

Simsy 07:35 25 Feb 04

has changed andy of this, but the InCD that was associated with Nero 5 did not support CDR, only CDRW could be formatted and used like a floppy.

krislas 11:36 25 Feb 04

Thanks everyone. I maybe just need to get Easy CD creator which I know does what I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…