SEND TO is greyed out what now???????

pupae 18:36 05 Feb 04

i have just bought a new flash usb drive for my laptop (which has no floppy or writer)so as i can save the data there instead of my docs. my problem is 1) the send to is greyed out in word, and although its not greyed in pdf files (I.E:in acrobat) the drive E (or D) are not listed as plces to send to, but im sure on my old computer they were. Any suggestions are eagerly awaited as my system is bloated with documents

pupae 18:43 05 Feb 04

pupae 18:55 05 Feb 04

please help some one must know!!

BurrWalnut 18:56 05 Feb 04

Navigate to your Send To folder, click File, New, Shortcut and browse to the destination you want. Next time you right click, Send To, it should appear as an option.

pupae 18:59 05 Feb 04

thanx BurrWalnut
this may sound like a stupid question but how do i navigate to the send to folder ?? thanx again

caast©? 19:00 05 Feb 04

what version of windows do you have

If win98 these flash drives usually require a driver, If one was not supplied with the flash drive, (nomally they supply a small mini disc that sits, with in the middle of your cd tray)
you should be able to find one on the internet

pupae 19:05 05 Feb 04

no its win 2000, the flash itself is in my computer under e drive and i have saved a doc onto it so its working

BurrWalnut 19:08 05 Feb 04

My Computer, C:\Windows\Send To in Win98.

My Computer, C:\Doc and Settings\your name\Send To in WinXP.

pupae 19:31 05 Feb 04

i know i sound really thick but im a complete novice and i still dont understand how to navigate to the send to folder and am not understanding what you mean above DuRR sorry please explain in childrens terms Pupae

BurrWalnut 19:44 05 Feb 04

Click on My Computer, either on the Desktop or in the Start Menu. You should see drive C: (with a name alongside it), double click it and move (navigate) to the appropriate folder I mentioned above.

When you get to the Send To folder, click File, New, etc. as above.

anniesboy68 20:21 05 Feb 04

I'm on XP and I can't find a send to folder anywhere, and doesn't come up in the search box either!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…