send emails via outlook express on aol

rufusdog52 09:18 20 Nov 05

Hi I am new to these boards and not sure which one covers my problem so have posted to both.
I am trying to configure OUTLOOK EXPRESS to send and recieve email from my webiste email address. I have no problem receiving email but cant send any. I have the SMTP server set to and had the port number as 25 (default) but when I tried to send email it was being returned by the AOL server's spam filter as being unsolicited spam. I went to the AOL live help and they told me to change the port setting to 587 but now it wont even send the email but gets this error -
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject ', Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '505 MAIL FROM sender and AUTH username do not match', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 505, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

I have been back to live help but they now say they are unable to help me unless I want to use my AOL email address. This is now good to me as I want to keep my AOL email for personal use and use the domain email address for business. I want to use OUTLOOK EXPRESS so I can add the PayPal buttons automatically for invoices.
Does anyone know what I can do to get the emails to send?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…