Send e-mail at a specific later time

Scoopy 15:41 13 Dec 06

If I want to send a press release to all newspapers at 1 minute past midnight today, is there a way I can prepare it and have it sent at that time ... without having to set the alarm and get out of bed? I have a laptop, Windows 98 and use Outlook Express. This is a real particular query but it could be useful generally. I should be grateful for suggestions.

Technotiger 15:46 13 Dec 06

Hi, create the message and store it in your Drafts folder. Then right-click, Options, Do Not Deliver Before...and then set the time you want the message to be sent.

Scoopy 13:14 15 Dec 06

Thanks for trying Technotiger. It seems easy - if only I can pull it off. I created my test message and saved it in drafts folder, no problem. But I can't find anything called "options" to right-click. Along the line is File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Message. I've tried clicking and right-clicking on these but to no avail. Or am I in the wrong place? Sorry to have to trouble you again.

Scoopy 13:14 15 Dec 06

Thanks for trying Technotiger. It seems easy - if only I can pull it off. I created my test message and saved it in drafts folder, no problem. But I can't find anything called "options" to right-click. Along the line is File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Message. I've tried clicking and right-clicking on these but to no avail. Or am I in the wrong place? Sorry to have to trouble you again.

Technotiger 13:59 15 Dec 06

Hi, sorry I misguided you ... my apologies, but this will certainly do what you want.

click here

Scoopy 14:58 15 Dec 06

No need for apologies Technotiger, you got me there. I was hoping there would be something already installed on my PC but I see there is a free trial period. Thanks a lot for coming back.

Technotiger 15:02 15 Dec 06

Grrreat - Merry Christmas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…