Send from "C" to "D" ?

Derek 08:24 13 Apr 03

Self build PC, the seventh, been at it for 25 years

Win ME. Drive C 60Gb (Useage 20%) Drive D 40Gb.
Rather than constantly using Ghost to back up the entire drive C to D,I would like to include a new 'send to' item to dump occasional data into the backup drive D.

My Motherboard Elite K7S5A (latest)is playing up with a failure on recognising the floppy drive and a board with USB2 amongst other things,this means that I cannot use Ghost to transfer since no Ghost DOS startup on the floppy is available. The MB has to go back for warantee repair. Meanwhile I will replace it with an MSI KT4.

This coming week I will be upgrading to Win XP and needless to say, I want to backup the last few days of data by transfering. Yes I know I could use Nero on this occasion but I feel that the revised 'send to' item will be of considerable use later.

Any help would be appreciated. Kindest regards DM.

bruce 09:06 13 Apr 03

Derek
The Send To menu is simply a directory on your hard disk (\Windows\SendTo in Windows 95, 98, & Me - \Documents and Settings\{username}\SendTo in Windows 2000 and XP). Just drag-drop any folders, programs, or drive icons into this folder to add their shortcuts to the Send To menu.

Wak 11:07 13 Apr 03

Hi Derek, I do a complete backup fron C:\ to D:\ using XXCOPY (not xcopy) Have a look at click here.
It's quick, easy and FREE, and you don't need floppies.

Megatyte 11:55 13 Apr 03

A nice little utility called "Send to Toys" will do exactly what you asked for. Using this you can add a 'send to folder' to your right click Send To menu.

click here

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017