Send from "C" to "D" ?

Derek 08:24 13 Apr 03

Self build PC, the seventh, been at it for 25 years

Win ME. Drive C 60Gb (Useage 20%) Drive D 40Gb.
Rather than constantly using Ghost to back up the entire drive C to D,I would like to include a new 'send to' item to dump occasional data into the backup drive D.

My Motherboard Elite K7S5A (latest)is playing up with a failure on recognising the floppy drive and a board with USB2 amongst other things,this means that I cannot use Ghost to transfer since no Ghost DOS startup on the floppy is available. The MB has to go back for warantee repair. Meanwhile I will replace it with an MSI KT4.

This coming week I will be upgrading to Win XP and needless to say, I want to backup the last few days of data by transfering. Yes I know I could use Nero on this occasion but I feel that the revised 'send to' item will be of considerable use later.

Any help would be appreciated. Kindest regards DM.

bruce 09:06 13 Apr 03

Derek
The Send To menu is simply a directory on your hard disk (\Windows\SendTo in Windows 95, 98, & Me - \Documents and Settings\{username}\SendTo in Windows 2000 and XP). Just drag-drop any folders, programs, or drive icons into this folder to add their shortcuts to the Send To menu.

Wak 11:07 13 Apr 03

Hi Derek, I do a complete backup fron C:\ to D:\ using XXCOPY (not xcopy) Have a look at click here.
It's quick, easy and FREE, and you don't need floppies.

Megatyte 11:55 13 Apr 03

A nice little utility called "Send to Toys" will do exactly what you asked for. Using this you can add a 'send to folder' to your right click Send To menu.

click here

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…