Sempron adequacy for video/dvd editing

Newuser3605 19:07 05 Jan 05

Hello,
I was considering a Sempron 2400 computer on Ebay and wondered what the Pentium equivalent might be ( as a guide indication) and also whether it would be suitable for dvd videos. Is there a way of finding out? Thanks.
Al

bremner 19:18 05 Jan 05

Can not directly answer your question but here is a detailed review of the Semperon in comparison with the equivilant Intel Celeron. click here

It is a fact though that neither will match the performance of the Athlon or P4

interzone55 20:53 05 Jan 05

The Sempron 2400 is roughly equivilent to a Celeron D 320 (which in old terms is a Celeron 2400). This is more than adequate for most home usage - eg Office / Email / Internet / Watching DVD Movies etc.

It isn't up to playing the very latest games (Doom 3 / Half Life 2 / Far Cry etc) unless coupled with a decent graphics card.

I wouldn't want to use a Sempron or Celeron for video encoding and DVD creation though, as it would put some serious stress on the CPU.

Newuser3605 21:52 05 Jan 05

Many thanks for your help. I will be going for an Athlon instead.
Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…