Sempron 2400 and Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL

Derek 09:03 07 Apr 05

Built a new PC with a Sempron 2400 167Mhz (SDA 2400 U3T D) and a Soltek Motherboard SL-75FRN2-RL.

Using "Pitstop" I had a couple of troublesome areas, in the graphics card Radeon 9800 Pro and in the CPU.

I overcame the Graphic card problem by loading the setup CD in but, the CPU problem I don't quite understand.

Question, in the setup, what settings do I make to get the best results from the CPU.

Many thanks and kindest regards DM.

Belatucadrus 12:51 07 Apr 05

First off check in system properties and see what the CPU shows up as, if it's identified as a Sempron 2400 then it's been correctly identified by the MOBO and unless you want to get into overclocking, nothing else needs doing.
If it's identified as something other than a Sempron, read the motherboard user manual carefully as there may be a jumper that needs resetting.

Derek 13:15 07 Apr 05

Thanks Belat, all I can see is AMD Athlon(tm) 1.67 GHz.

Belatucadrus 13:47 07 Apr 05

Well the speeds right, but it doesn't appear to know it's a Sempron. I'd still suggest reading the MOBO manual carefully click here looking at it

" This mainboard is built with CPU Socket 462 supporting the AMD CPUs Athlon, Athlon XP and Duron:"

it may be that it needs a BIOS update to correctly recognise a Sempron.

Try running CPU-Z click here first and see if the details shown with that match with what you expect from a Sempron.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…