selling a pc....what to do with the hard drive?

Superstylin 22:26 25 Oct 05

hi, i have an old packard bell running windows 98se that i'm about to sell. i need to know what to do with the hard drive before it goes.

so far i've come to the opinion that i should run killdisc then format the drive. what i'm concerned about is that i do not have the win98se disks but rather i have disks with the os and other drivers etc that came bundled. i have read before of hidden files that are kicked into action with recovery discs and i wouldn't want to remove any that may be there.

the pc is a packard bell pulsar 300 (or multimedia as apparently known now)

any info would be greatly appreciated

Skills 22:38 25 Oct 05

I believe that most packard bells use a process of tattoing the hard drive, and as you say that file is needed.

Id say that if you just boot with a windows 98 boot disk and format the hard drive, this wont erase any partion information so should be fine and then use the recovery cds to set the PC back to a factory state.

Superstylin 23:51 25 Oct 05

cheers skills i think i'll settle for that. thanks for your input :)

Skills 23:52 25 Oct 05

No probs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…