Self formatting on my Back up hard drives

Splodge 11:55 15 Jan 03
  Splodge 11:55 15 Jan 03

I have 2 80Gb disks on my computer plus an 80Gb spare. I have been using the Grandfather, Father, Son system to ensure that I retain my very many programs, some of which are download only.

Both back ups have discharged, and no longer accept the Drive Image DOS Caldera backup.

In short, they will allow me to re-install basic Windows XP but not allow me to back up the Master disk.

I just wonder, can it be that my connecting lead is faulty.

I have AVG virus on, which is up to date and does not find a virus on scanning. I also have Zone Alarm set pretty high.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

DieSse 12:36 15 Jan 03

Both back ups have discharged ???

You mean stopped working? - the drives or the program?

Splodge 13:39 15 Jan 03

Both the backup disks, on separate startups, lost their programs and all other data.

The Master stays viable.

On looking at F disk (which is my slave drive,it shows nothing on it or.. it does not appear on My Computer at all.

I have repeated the procedure a number of times.

I wondered if Windows XP has anything to do with it, or a faulty Drive Image 5.0. I am going to re-install it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…