A "Self Drive" Mouse

1933 09:39 14 Dec 04

In the last few days my mouse cursor seems to have got a life of it's own. Quite often when I stop using the mouse (a wireless remote) the cursor will slowly and very smoothly move to the edge of the screen - sideways or up/down. It will be ready for use immediately, it is always exactly vertical or horizontal. Should I call in the local vicar or is there another explanation. Cheers, Dave.

TomJerry 09:49 14 Dec 04

no idea if it is optical

€dstowe 09:54 14 Dec 04

Check its batteries. Check for an irritant "joke" program called Crazy Mouse.

Do you have a graphics tablet? Check where the stylus (pen) is placed. If its near the pad, move it.

Sapins 10:11 14 Dec 04

You could try Hertz;-)

Seriously though, my optical wired mouse does this If I leave it alone, but, if I then go to use it and press down it behaves itself. It could be the sensor is slightly out of focus?

Graham ® 10:25 14 Dec 04

Could be there is a facility set to hide the cursor when not in use.

Graham ® 10:26 14 Dec 04

Just looked at mine, I can 'Hide pointer while typing'.

Mike D 11:02 14 Dec 04

I've had this problem with 2 optical meeses. The latest is a Microsoft wireless version and the jitter bugging cursor was driving me to distraction. I downloaded the latest Intellipoint software and cured it (for the moment).

Mike

Jeffers22 11:49 14 Dec 04

Graham's response seems the most likely. Check the options within the mouse driver software. This explanation would also fit with Mike D and his new drivers, probably the facility is set to off by default and needs to be enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…