Self Builders - be careful

pj123 22:38 23 Apr 04

Although I build computers almost daily I have never had an accident - until yesterday. We all know that the inside of a computer case has very sharp edges so we are generally very careful. But yesterday I was pushing out one of the plastic blanks to install a CD ROM drive and my hand slipped. I am now sitting here with one hand twice its size and with 3 stitches in it.

So please, please be careful out there.

sidecar sid 22:40 23 Apr 04

Wise words.

A BIG hand for pj123 :-)))

keith-236785 22:43 23 Apr 04

mmmmmm and dont them suckers bleed well....

hope your hand gets better fast.

billyliv 22:46 23 Apr 04

Hi, Not being nasty, but, in my experience it is only the cheapos that have rough, sharp edges. Cheers, Bill

pj123 22:50 23 Apr 04

sidecar sid. Thanks mate, that's the best thing I've heard all day. Even Eric and Ern couldn't top that.

GaT7 22:53 23 Apr 04

Have taken that on board, ta pj123. It was an accident & they do happen no matter how careful one is : ( Hope your hand gets better soon : )

Rtus 22:57 23 Apr 04

over the years Ive been inside some expensive kit,Believe me when I say its not just the cheapo's that are sharp to cut corners. What the eye doesnt see cuts costs.& flippin fingers & backs of hands , unfortunately for me I dont feel my extremities like most do So the first I know of it is when every thing turns Red (blue'y grey in winter) Lol

Tj_El 23:00 23 Apr 04

Ouch! That must've hurt a bit...! Hope the swelling goes away as quickly as it came.

I suffered something similar quite recently while attempting to remove the blanking plates on the front of the case so I could access the bay - slipped and almost took my index finger off! Those plates are quite sharp on the edges!

pj123 23:14 23 Apr 04

billyliv. Accepted, but these are not cheapo cases. Most cases have "break-out" sections which you have to work backwards and forwards to access the blanking panels. Once that is done they still leave bits sticking out, which you need to be wary of.

britto 23:22 23 Apr 04

These may have helped but do you have to be earthed?.
click here

sidecar sid 23:24 23 Apr 04

Thanks pj my PC building kit allways includes a first aid kit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…