self build pc

SHORTMARINE 19:13 06 Jun 06

Hi all..I want to have a go at building my own pc i get theidea on most bits but the choice of m/board has left me a bit confused..i would prefer to go for the bundle option with cpu..what would be a good buy for upto £150 i have looked at the links in past posts but still unsure any direct ideas are very welcome ..many thanks for your help..Ian

exodus 21:22 06 Jun 06

Hi, a selection here.
click here

Personally, I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle. Do some research and decide what cpu fits your requirements. Decide whether or not you want a motherboard with PCI Express or the standard AGP socket.

Now see what motherboards fulfil those options. You may even find one as a bundle that fits your specifications.

Just a point that may be worth considering if you want a quite system. Some motherboards use a fan for cooling the N4 chipset and these can be noisy. Others, especially with the Via chipset, use passive cooling by using a heatsink.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…