Self assessment online ?

Magik ®© 11:54 10 Apr 05

hi,PC related, so here goes.

decided to have a go at filling in the tax form online, buthave to register first, filled in the forms, and got an email back saying my pin number will be sent by post... also this

YOUR ACTIVATION PIN WILL EXPIRE AFTER 28 DAYS, SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE USE OF IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

does that mean,once used it has had it after 28 days, or you use it within28 days and after that it can be used anytime..

hope that makes sense.

thanks

Technotiger 12:09 10 Apr 05

Hi, only guessing - but I would think that once activated within the 28 days it will be ok thereafter - a bit like XP activation.

Cheers.

Magik ®© 12:11 10 Apr 05

I think you may be right, but i will hang on in case someone knows..

Technotiger 12:17 10 Apr 05

Why not have a look at the on-line Tax sites - Govt.org or similar.

Indigo 1 12:34 10 Apr 05

Yes Technotiger is correct, you have 28 days to register your account and after that your account stays active untill you terminate it.

If you get back into PAYE though, they will continue to send Tax returns by post unless you let them know you no longer are self employed, all these Tax returns will incur a £100 fine if they are not completed and returned in time so be careful.

Magik ®© 12:49 10 Apr 05

thank you both for the help. we now await the pin number...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…