selective e-mail issue (Win98 OE and AVG Free)

Raywood 18:31 01 Aug 06

I have come across a strange issue and am running out of suggestions. My friend has a windows 98 pc and uses Outlook Express 5 to collect his e-mails. He also has AVG free edition. Until a few months ago he regularly recieved a newsletter that he subscribed to, however this has stopped. I am trying to get the computer to pick these newsletters up again.

The ISP says they don't block his newsletters. While the publisher of the newsletters insists that they are being sent to his e-mail. As far as I am aware the rest of his e-mails arrive as expected. I would be grateful for any assistance as I have checked the blocked senders listin OE and the e-mail scanner in AVG.

p;3 18:43 01 Aug 06

of interest, has he physcially checked on his ISP"s server to see if the mails ARE there? in other words, has he checked the web mail part of the system ?and who IS his Isp?

TomG 19:19 01 Aug 06

p;3 is right most isps now offer the opportunity to view your mail via ie. It could be that the newsletters have gone into a spam/junk folder and so you will have to amend the spam settings.

p;3 19:32 01 Aug 06

one of the problems with only using OE or outlook is that you tend to foget to physically check your server from time to time; I have just checked mine as I had been expecting a mail and it has not arrived; you really do need TO open your server occasionally to tell IT what IS and what is NOT spam; and shift the OK messages stuck in the spam box to the in box ;THEN you CAN retrieve them from server via OE as the OE only checks the IN box and NOT the spam box:))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…