Selective ddeletion of Cookies

osben 11:45 18 Aug 05

Hi

I like to delete my cookies everytime I come off the net. There are some that I would like to keep.

Does anyone know of any software that would allow me to be keep a list of all the cookies I do want to keep and delete all the rest.

That way, when I next go into, say this site, I don't have to key in my logon details again.

I can't see that IE6 does this.

Thanks

Carronade 13:01 18 Aug 05

There is a program 'Cookie Pal' (available for a small once-only fee)from click here which may be what you want. It alerts you to all incoming cookies, so that you can accept or reject as you wish. It stores those you decide to accept in an easily accessible table so that you can delete them in the future if you wish.

Wak 13:53 18 Aug 05

There's also the excellent Cookie Jar from click here which does just what you want. You can either save them, ban them or have them deleted at boot-up.

Sethhaniel 14:43 18 Aug 05

to keep - before clearing the rest.
click here
under options - cookies ;)

osben 16:21 18 Aug 05

Thanks Guys

One of them will do, I'm sure.

I use Ccleaner so I'll give it a try. Didn't realise it did that!!

Pidder 18:41 18 Aug 05

IE Privacy Keeper also.

trumph 15:21 04 Aug 06

Does anyone know how to identify the essential cookies NOT TO DELETE? I recently deleted temp internet files and then found I hade to go through that anoying Windows validation process next time I logged on. Also all my stored site passwords went. It's all very well clearing things out but you need to know what to keep.

trumph 15:22 04 Aug 06

Does anyone know how to identify the essential cookies NOT TO DELETE? I recently deleted temp internet files and then found I had to go through that anoying Windows validation process next time I logged on. Also all my stored site passwords went. It's all very well clearing things out but you need to know what to keep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…