Select 2nd printer for Works Database document

Trikie 17:40 13 May 07

I have 2 printers and whenever I use the Print command I get the menu offering either of them. However for Works database printing I do not get the option -only one printer is displayed with no drop down options box.

Is this standard practice for databases, and if not how do I get to a choice?

Taff™ 18:56 13 May 07

Can you go to File>Print Set Up and choose your preferred printer from there?

Trikie 23:27 13 May 07

Hi Taff. Works database File menu hasn't got a Print St Up option - just Print Preview and Print.

woodchip 23:33 13 May 07

If it's networked you may have to load printer drivers on the computer for the printer you are wanting to use and set as shared

Trikie 23:43 13 May 07

No, just a single PC - networking is way above my ability.

Simsy 06:52 14 May 07

there may be a better way to actually solve this, and give you a choice, something that will probably serve as a workround is to set the printer you want to use as the "Default" printer.

To do this choose "Printers" from "Control Panel", right click on the printer in question and then left click on "Set as default".

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Trikie 17:29 14 May 07

Thanks Simsy. I'll see if this does the trick.

jimv7 17:34 14 May 07

Not being a user of works, if you choose print via the file, drop down menu, you should be able to pick which printer to use, if you use the print icon it will use the default printer, it does in word, works might be different.

woodchip 17:36 14 May 07

May be a stupid question, Have you loaded the Printer drivers for the Printer in question, on your computer?

Trikie 20:03 14 May 07

Jimv7 - I can do this with Works word processor but not the database.

Woodchip - Yes, I swap between the printers quite a lot in other progtammes.

woodchip 20:11 14 May 07

As above, go to Start\Settings\printers right click the printer and choose as default

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…