Seems my gigabyte GN-BR01G router will NEVER work!

LaineyF 13:33 03 Feb 06

Hi all,
Here goes,

Been trying to get the folowing working since Christmas and no joy!

Tesco Broadband
Gigabyte GN-BR01G router
D-Link DSL-300G+ modem

I have a pc and laptop and want to share the internet connection. Defo no problems with modem, problems only start when router is introduced to the system. No problems with the laptop - have tested by connecting to various other wireless networks. I'm trying just to get router into the system and get internet access on PC before trying the laptop. Although I do know that the laptop can see the network and if I try to connect it just continually displays the "connecting" message. Anyway if I add the router to the system now, it will automatically detect a dynamic ISP configuation. It seems to run through auto setup quite easily. Sometimes I can even get internet access once, but if I try after that I get nothing.

Had a quick look at the router log (on the configuration page - click here) at this point and see the following:

"cannot rebind IP - rediscover"

Is this anything to with the fact that I get a different IP each time from Tesco?

I have tried changing the router WAN MAC address to that of my PC, but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Oh yes, had a look at the event viewer and get all these errors warnings - are they anything to do with the problem?Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 03/02/2006
Time: 11:40:19
User: N/A
Computer: TOMMYHOOTER
Description:
Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 82.2.46.39 on the Network Card with network address 0020ED390107.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at click here.
=================================================

Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 1003
Time: 11:40:18
Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0020ED390107. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Data:
0000: 79 00 00 00 y...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10010
Time: 11:18:25
User: TOMMYHOOTER\burgess
Description:
The server {32A7166B-8D57-4EC5-B480-A0E747B1BB09} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: dnscache
Event ID: 11050
Time: 11:04:55
Description:
The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator.

Data:
0000: 51 27 00 00 Q'..

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 1002
Time: 11:04:52
Description:
The IP address lease 82.2.46.166 for the Network Card with network address 0020ED390107 has been denied by the DHCP server 82.2.46.40 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Any help will be greatly appriciated, as I'm really stuck now and a bit of a novice and have had no replies from GIGABYTE technical help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced