Seeking knowledge re e7even.com

skipjacck 22:20 28 Aug 03

Via snailmail I have received an offer for Broadband. Connection at 512k, unlimited pop3 addresses,domain hosting etc etc This for £200 per year + £50 connection ( one off ).
At less than £17 a month it sounds good. Does anyone have knowledge or dealing with E7even.com?.
Skipjacck

jazzypop 22:31 28 Aug 03

I have no direct knowledge of them. I would be wary for the following reasons -

1. If they are charging almost the same rate as they are being charged by BT, how will they generate sufficient profit to cover their overheads and stay in business long enough for you to enjoy 12 months of use.

2. If they go bust after 3 months, what happens to your £150 (unused subscription).

3. If their web page is unavailable now (www e7even.com), what sort of availability do you expect their service to provide.

As I say, I have no actual knowledge of them - but having seen many 'unlimited access' dial-up ISPs go belly-up, I am wary about paying a year's subscription to any new start-up ISP.

There are many reputable ISPs that allow you to pay monthly, quite a few are only a pound or two per month more expensive. Shop around is my advice :)

krypt1c 22:37 28 Aug 03

Have a look here for bb isp info click here

jazzypop 22:45 28 Aug 03

click here to see a list of ISPs (not all, just the 'main' ones), sorted by Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for 1 year.

You will see several cheaper than e7even. I can vouch for Plusnet and Virgin as being good reliable providers, at about the same cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…