See all programs from desktop???

dnjl 23:07 18 Jan 10

When I click on START - PROGRAMS -to see all my programs, it only shows me the 1st 3 columns. I know there are more because I can just see the edge start of a 4th.

How can I make this view smaller so I can see all of my programs?

Graham. 23:58 18 Jan 10

Please give us your operating system, XP, Vista, etc.

dnjl 21:28 19 Jan 10

Sorry - I am on XP Home SP3

lotvic 22:46 20 Jan 10

Look in 'My Computer' rightclick and explore C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
You can then group the program shortcuts by putting them in folders using drag and drop. For example, put Word, Excel, etc. all in one new folder you create called Office

Then you won't have 4 columns to cope with and they will be easier to find.

Sea Urchin 23:29 20 Jan 10

Or you can change the display to one scrolling column. Right-click on the Taskbar and select Properties. Click on the Start Menu tab, and by Start Menu click Customize. Select Advanced, and then under Start Menu Items scroll down and put a tick in the box beside Scroll Programs. Click OK - then Apply and OK again.

Sea Urchin 23:32 20 Jan 10

.....and of course you can put them into alphabetical order by right-clicking anywhere on the list and selecting Sort by Name.

dnjl 17:28 22 Jan 10

Thanks - I would have liked the scroll selection, but unfortunately that is not an option. The only options I have are -
Open submenues when I pause on them with my mouse. and
Highlight newly installed programs.
Both are ticked.

dnjl 17:32 22 Jan 10

Thanks for telling me how to have them in alphabetical order. That is great. Done that.
Still would like to see them all though.

dnjl 17:33 22 Jan 10

Thanks but would rather see all programs (even though some relate to others) as single items listed.

Sea Urchin 17:47 22 Jan 10

You are looking in the wrong place - I said look under Start Menu ITEMS - not Start Menu SETTINGS which is what you are referring to. Then you SCROLL down that list until you reach Scroll Programs.

Read my previous posting again and you'll find it.

dnjl 22:14 24 Jan 10

Thanks. done it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…