Securybanks Phishing Trojan

spuds 18:45 14 Sep 04

I use Adaware-Spybot-Spyware Blaster,AVG and ZoneAlarm as my main defences. I am also trial testing Webroots Spy Sweeper.Running a scan today, Spy Sweeper as picked up 'Securybanks Phishing Trojan'on my computer.

Spy Sweeper informed me that the problem as been dealt with, and removed from my computer. I have completed a internet search for Securybank, but with poor results.Some sites state that it is a 'False-Positive' thing,whatever that might mean.

Can anyone give me further guidance about Securybank, and confirm whether it is something to be concerned about.

stalion 19:55 14 Sep 04

try a scan with this click here

spuds 20:11 14 Sep 04

Thanks stalion for the link. Checked the site virus-trojan information record, but Securybanks not known.Have downloaded the programme, and got it on hold at present.

VoG II 20:18 14 Sep 04

From what I can find, this does appear to be a false positive detection. That is, Spysweeper is detecting something as a trojan which isn't.

I would scan with a² click here which I reckon is the best free trojan scanner around.

stalion 20:24 14 Sep 04

it is good but I reckon the best is mwti escan

spuds 17:27 17 Sep 04

Well guys, further interesting events have occurred. Downloaded both links [thanks VoG & stalion]and run tests using both programmes.

stalions eScan [powered by Kaspersky] came up with:DLL File infected by "not-a-virus:AdvWare.ToolBar. Advanced Search Bar "Virus Action Taken:File Renamed"

VoG's a2 came up with: Trojan Win32.KillReg.D.

I then ran SpyBot S&D, which gave another result: EvilEye and Search Forlt

My other safeguards reported everything OK.

Three different programmes and three different results. Each programme went into action, and reported back that the each mentioned intruder[s] had been dealt with by each respective programme. Machine now seems to be okay, and no problems or alarming warnings have appeared.

VoG, reference to the a2 programme. Is this a new issue, because I used a2 when it was first mentioned within the forum, and had to un-install due to computer slowdown and freeze-up, which I put down to a2's performance. When I tried to register the new download, a2 re-issued my previous user code!.

Thanks again both, for assistance given. Will green tick now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now