Securybanks Phishing Trojan

spuds 18:45 14 Sep 04

I use Adaware-Spybot-Spyware Blaster,AVG and ZoneAlarm as my main defences. I am also trial testing Webroots Spy Sweeper.Running a scan today, Spy Sweeper as picked up 'Securybanks Phishing Trojan'on my computer.

Spy Sweeper informed me that the problem as been dealt with, and removed from my computer. I have completed a internet search for Securybank, but with poor results.Some sites state that it is a 'False-Positive' thing,whatever that might mean.

Can anyone give me further guidance about Securybank, and confirm whether it is something to be concerned about.

stalion 19:55 14 Sep 04

try a scan with this click here

spuds 20:11 14 Sep 04

Thanks stalion for the link. Checked the site virus-trojan information record, but Securybanks not known.Have downloaded the programme, and got it on hold at present.

VoG II 20:18 14 Sep 04

From what I can find, this does appear to be a false positive detection. That is, Spysweeper is detecting something as a trojan which isn't.

I would scan with a² click here which I reckon is the best free trojan scanner around.

stalion 20:24 14 Sep 04

it is good but I reckon the best is mwti escan

spuds 17:27 17 Sep 04

Well guys, further interesting events have occurred. Downloaded both links [thanks VoG & stalion]and run tests using both programmes.

stalions eScan [powered by Kaspersky] came up with:DLL File infected by "not-a-virus:AdvWare.ToolBar. Advanced Search Bar "Virus Action Taken:File Renamed"

VoG's a2 came up with: Trojan Win32.KillReg.D.

I then ran SpyBot S&D, which gave another result: EvilEye and Search Forlt

My other safeguards reported everything OK.

Three different programmes and three different results. Each programme went into action, and reported back that the each mentioned intruder[s] had been dealt with by each respective programme. Machine now seems to be okay, and no problems or alarming warnings have appeared.

VoG, reference to the a2 programme. Is this a new issue, because I used a2 when it was first mentioned within the forum, and had to un-install due to computer slowdown and freeze-up, which I put down to a2's performance. When I tried to register the new download, a2 re-issued my previous user code!.

Thanks again both, for assistance given. Will green tick now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…