Securom Error

Si_L 21:29 29 Nov 08

Just bought a game called Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (it was in the bargain bin before you ask), brand new, and after installing it, it loaded fine. The next time I try to boot it up, it comes up with a Securom Error: Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See securom.com/copy for more details.

The game is brand new, the disc is not marked in any way at all. I'm getting a bit frustrated with it now! Any advice or should I just return it?

mgmcc 21:38 29 Nov 08

Have a read of click here

Si_L 23:13 29 Nov 08

Obviously I have checked the site given to me to read, but none of it changed anything, the settings that they asked me to change were already as suggested.

mrwoowoo 00:26 30 Nov 08

Make sure you delete or uninstall any virtual drives that you have in device manager.
Also make sure you have no emulation software running.
As a last resort,you could download a No-CD/Fixed EXE.

audeal 13:29 30 Nov 08

Did you copy the disk and use that instead of the original. Some games are protected and will not allow you to use a backup. I had one like that.

Si_L 21:45 30 Nov 08

It meant giving up my virtual drives but it worked, cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…