Security:knowing of copied files,code extraction

0anaxim 18:01 08 Jun 08

I recently left a young relative playing a game on my laptop. When I came to open it this morning things had changed! How can I tell if this was just by accident or was something to do with her father who went to check on her and is a PC technician who, to be honest I don't trust.

I have Vista and my destop had been reset and my documents do not appear in my Users section but can be found in Computer and my then User name! Plus in Users section there is now a TEMP file.

Is it possible to check to see if my files have been copied? I am not sure this is to do with resettng the desktop of course but all my files have moved location.

Also is it possible (with some knowledge for this guy to copy access codes internet logins etc? I did not have these on a document that you could open and read but they are commited to memory.

How can I check my Laptop to see if he has done anything? Although I do have workfiles stored; I am a musician and have all my compositions on the system- but I am also worried that he might do something else malicious. He works in computer networking at a college and is often going on about what he is capable of doing... Although I think he is no expert just a bit power crazed at having acccess to people's files at work.

I would not be at all surprised if he put in a USB memory stick and copied what he could on the spur of the moment. As he spends all day working on networking projects that does worry me a lot.

If someone is able to set me on the path to some peace of mind I would be very grateful indeed,

Thank you, Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…