//some 3rd party need geo

security wows

taggs 12:31 15 Nov 04

Hi everybody,
until yesterday i thought my pc security was up to the job,today i'm not so sure.

I'm running xphome sp2 and i'm using the following security software, AVG 7 OUTPOST 2.1 and TAUSCAN 1.7 all full versions and updated just about everyday with full scans at least twice a week.

After looking at various threads about trojans i looked at trojanhunter downloaded it and ran it,
to my horror it found the following

Found trojan file: C:\Program Files\HewlettPackard\UnInstall_Info\DELAY.EXE (Dirt.100)
Found trojan file: C:\DLOAD.EXE/hn3i.exe(TrojanDownloader.IPBill.100)
Found trojan file: C:\dvd.exe (Fragglerock.200)
Found trojan file: C:\Documents and Settings\NEIL\My Documents\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\WIN2K_XP\ENU\NT4\Disk1\NT4\DELAY.EXE (Dirt.100)

i now have the following questions,

how did my lot miss this lot

from what i can glean, fragglefrok appears to be a fake the others i'm not so sure,so any help their please,

Do I need to review my software and possibly change anything

many thanks

MichelleC 13:16 15 Nov 04

Maybe Adaware would have picked them up click here or Spywareblaster would have stopped them click here

taggs 13:39 15 Nov 04

fraid not running them as well ?

bertiecharlie 14:48 15 Nov 04

Michelle's advise seems very sound to me. You might also consider Spybot, a², and ewido which are all free programmes. (ewido fives you a free trial of the full version but you can keep the basic version after that).

AVG is an anti-virus programme although it will detect some trojans.

The database of Tauscan isn't as extensive as some of the other programmes which is why it hasn't identified these items. The Tau monitor is a good feature in that it does a boot time scan which is the time when trojans normally show up. You could do with a programme that monitors your start up items such as WinPatrol, also free. MJRegistrywatcher is far more comprehensive in this respect but you might get fed up with all the pop up warnings.

Assuming these trojans are not false positives,(the hewlettpackard eg.), you have inadvertently downloaded them onto your system.

TrojanHunter has it's own forum so it might be an idea to post the results of your scan there click here

Also, if you are using IE consider AvantBrowser,(turn off activex and scripting), or Firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…