Security for wireless network.

alltime 20:29 13 Jun 05

I have a Belkin F5D7633-4a ADSL modem with wireless g router and the belkin F5d7011 wireless network card. I have been trying to set up the security to WPA-PSK (no server) with one pc and a laptop both running win xp with sp2 pack.
Acording to belkin this wont work on WPA-PSK unless you uninstall SP2, install SP1, and redownload SP2 with a patch Microsoft 0815485 with service pack two. (CRAZY) Ok so i decided to install the 128-bit Wep Encrypytion and i dont seem to get this to work either. Would anyone have any suggestions.?

selfbuild 22:15 13 Jun 05

Have you downloaded the latest driver for the wi-fi card?

The manual doesn't mention that you have to uninstall SP2, install SP1 and then reinstall SP2.

alltime 16:04 14 Jun 05

Thanks for your response, I was,nt aware that there was a new driver for the card. Ill check it out and report back.

alltime 23:55 14 Jun 05

No new drivers for the card according to belkin, but they did manage to set up the 128bit security. seems like the manual is very confusing the problem was the 26 digit network key, they call it two different things. Anyway with regards the sp2 uninstall to get the wpa-psk security they suggested it was a problem with sp2 installed. so i decided not to muck the computer up any more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…