security warning is it a scam and dangerous?

sconedd 00:07 09 Feb 10

I hope the forum can help, I was on a zbrush tutorial site when I got attacked by a virus attack warning and asking for me to press remove button. I have a pop up telling how much it costs per year etc. It has also planted an shortcut icon on my computer. How do I get rid of this, without doing any damage to computer. My OS is Windows XP. My antivirus is ESET NOD32 paid version whis telling me I have 1 virus. Can anyone tell me hao get rid of it all. Thanks in advance. Sconedd

Sea Urchin 00:10 09 Feb 10

Yes, it is a scam - don't click on any part of it. Can you tell what the name is of this rogue malware program?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:15 09 Feb 10

click here download the free version on the left, update and run. Delete all it finds and then run in safe mode.

G

sconedd 23:20 09 Feb 10

Sea Urchin and Gandalf, thanks for your input. I did a system restore to a couple of days ago, I then downloaded the malware security free version and then I ran it, it found 3 nasties which I deleted. Everything is fine. Thank you once again for your time and expert advice. Regards sconedd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…