Security Warning

brindly 17:47 22 Jun 09

I have this security warning popup appears each time I go into Amazons site. It gives me the option of yes or no do i want to open this site it is one of my trusted sites. It only appears in Amazon which I use quite often and each time I go to another page in Amazon it appears and I have to click on yes three times before it disappears. Can anyone tell me how to stop this appearing please.

Clapton is God 17:52 22 Jun 09

What exactly is the message?

brindly 17:00 23 Jun 09

Hi Clapton is God. The full message is as follows: "The current web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this. Below is: Current site http/click here and then Trusted site. res:/ieframe.dll.

It only happens in amazon on my desk top which is running XP it doesn't happen on the laptop. I didn't know I had a Trusted site list!

Thanks for the interest

JoeC 17:18 23 Jun 09

see if it helps

click here

brindly 17:48 23 Jun 09

Hey Clapton is God your the man. Good thread the only difference was "disable/enable, mine was "custom or Default" I changed mine from custom to default and it seems to have cured the problem. Many thanks.

Sea Urchin 17:55 23 Jun 09

I think, with all respect to CiG, the credit should go to JoeC

brindly 18:13 24 Jun 09

I can live with that.

Thank you to JoeC

Stuartli 18:29 24 Jun 09

Details of configuring IE's security levels can be found at:

click here

click here(WS.10).aspx#zones

brindly 08:48 25 Jun 09

The problem is solved I don't want to get into too much tech. Thanks again all concerned.

lotvic 09:29 25 Jun 09

Green tick resolved then we'll know. lol :))
Have you forgotten that Green tick has to be done separately on it's own - not when posting a response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…