//some 3rd party need geo

security warning

Algy Brew 01:00 10 Jun 05

Windows 98. On my P.C. have a security warning saying "A fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM 01>+00010E36, error was caused by Trojan-spy.HTML-SMITFRAUD.C" I have removed the virus, how do I get rid of the security warning. Also as Windows is loading it prints on screen"Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows application. The windows registry or system.INI. file refers to this device file, but device file no longer exists. SHLDDRV.VXD. I have Windows 98 disc but how do I restore this file. Help please
.Thanks

cwham 01:51 10 Jun 05

Try this link click here

Taff36 07:20 10 Jun 05

Go to this site and download HiJack this. (HJT) click here This is a zip file and will fit on a floppy disk if you need to obtain it from another machine. Create a folder called HJT on your hard drive and extract the file to this folder.

Open the folder and run the Hijack This file. Copy the log file to notepad and then post it here. click here You will have to register but it`s free. Wait for an expert to give you instructions. Do not attempt to delete anything on your own - this tool can do serious damage to your computer if it is used indiscriminately!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…