Security Vulnerabilities when using P2P

mbp 20:54 06 Apr 05

I do not want to discuss the ethical issues about the use of P2P. I want to know of Security dangers when using P2P and how to have the proper protection. What to watch out for and what to avoid and which programs to install for protection.

Belatucadrus 21:01 06 Apr 05

Main thing is a good anti virus that is updated frequently, avast! is free for home use, checks for updates when you first connect to the Internet and every four hours after. It also has a built in P2P shield to help check what's being downloaded.

mbp 21:13 06 Apr 05

Does that mean that Avast screens all downloads for viruses?

Terry Brown 21:20 06 Apr 05

I would also suggest you use the following (Both free) SPYBOT & ADAWARE --(go to google and do a search) , as these will help to remove dataminer and spyware software, which in their own way are as bad as viruses.Run daily for best results.

Belatucadrus 22:39 06 Apr 05

The P2P resident scanner first appeared in version 4.1 of avast! click here for the explanatory notes on its introduction. Since then it's been upgraded and a few new P2P services are covered. Current version is 4.6 click here for details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…