Security tool warning

diesel1948 21:37 25 Jul 10

Went onto a website today Johnson johnson I think and my computer is in trouble. Running windows vista home premium, just installed McAfee and keep getting warnings about trojans and everything else you can imagine. Cant use windows e-mail same with system restore and cant delete the 2 icons sitting in task bar next to mcafee icon.Just keeps popping up with warnings, worms getting credit card details. The 2 icons have a number on them 9902060, whatever that means. I tried to restore the system in safe mode but it failed. Anybody got any ideas to get computer back?

birdface 22:05 25 Jul 10

Go into safe mode and run your security programs but before you start go to Internet Options.Connections.Make sure never dial a connection is dotted.Then go to Lan settings If use a proxy service is ticked untick it and tick automatically detect settings.Ok apply ok.
Then run your security programs.
Virus or trojan will try and switch proxy service back on so do it in safe mode.

birdface 22:12 25 Jul 10

You can try Trojan Remover it is a pay for program with a 30 day trial and it will remove any thing that it finds.if it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scan.

click here

birdface 22:38 25 Jul 10

Ok this is what I thought you may have .
Worth a read to see if there is any connection.

click here

diesel1948 11:35 26 Jul 10

The box looks very much the same as what you thought I may have.The name is not the same though, not Antivir but security tool. The settings seemed ok in internet explorer and I am running Mcafee now in safe mode (networking) hope thats right. One thing though, when in safe mode, realtime scanning cannot be switched on in Mcafee. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. If the scan comes up with nothing I will try Trojan Remover and let you know the result. Thanks for the advice.

onthelimit 11:54 26 Jul 10

The bleeping computer guides are usually very effective. click here

diesel1948 14:10 26 Jul 10

Tried all these remedies and the problem stops me downloading them. What gets me is this has happened shortly after installing McAfee. I used AVG Free before and no problems. Since my last post I have had 2 blue screens saying SPCMDCOM SYS, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. It advised to go into bios and do something or other with caching or shadowing. Any ideas? I tried the bleeping computer would not let me download anything. I did not go there in safe mode though, would that be worth trying?

onthelimit 15:05 26 Jul 10

The bleeping computer solution tells you that if you can't download rkill on the infected computer, to save it to a flash drive on another and then run it.

diesel1948 18:22 26 Jul 10

Hi onthelimit I tried to download
rkill.com Download Link and everytime it does it McAfee says removed a trojan you need do nothing else. By the way I am trying to download it onto another computer, save it to usb key and put it on infected computer. What would you suggest?

onthelimit 18:33 26 Jul 10

I've not come across that before - the rkill.exe is a safe prog written by a Microsoft engineer. Don't know why McAfee doesn't like it - sorry. If you're happy, you'd have to stop McA for the period of the download - after all, it's going to a memory stick and not your hard drive.

diesel1948 19:06 26 Jul 10

Is it simple to download it directly onto usb key? how

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…