Security software compatiblty

Hetti 20:27 28 Apr 05

Sorry to ask security questins as I know it has been well covered i the past, but I cannot find answer to this after a search so will anyone be good enough to answer?
New PC I have installed Adaware, MS antispyware and CCleaner, what I need to know is do I run Microsort security, firewall and antivirus software that was preinstalled on my new PC, or do I get AVG and Zonealarm, and disable Microsoft security.

Technotiger 20:33 28 Apr 05

Hi, in my opinion the only one you need to change is the firewall - use only one firewall and that should be Zone Alarm as opposed to Windows one.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:34 28 Apr 05

ps - when you use ZA, windows firewall automatically shuts itself off.

961 20:35 28 Apr 05

I would suggest zone alarm and either avg or avast virus checker and then disable the microsoft firewall.

Keep the microsoft antispyware and get as well spywareblaster and spybot search and destroy. Keep them all up to date

Always run only one virus checker and one firewall but you need at least two spyware finders

Taw® 20:36 28 Apr 05

Hetti it will be a personal choice, though I dare say you will get a lot of recommendations for AVG and Zonealarm from forum members.They all will have their strengths and weaknesses. I use AVG and moved to sygate from ZA because of truvector probs with ZA. As it is a new PC I would stick with the MS for a while and see how things go.

Technotiger 20:37 28 Apr 05

by the way - you should put a Green (resolved) tick against your other Post of the same subject, otherwise confusion may reign.

Hetti 21:52 28 Apr 05

Thanks all
Got it!

Technotiger

I will tick both,sry did noe know I'd posted twice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…