security site access

Nellie2 22:11 15 Jan 04

I have just recieved this information and I do hope that it is ok to post an information topic rather than a question but I think it is important.

Are you having difficulty accessing security-related websites ?

You could have been hit by one of the latest hosts file scam by the Not-Coolwebsearch people...

Easy enough to fix this.

Get this program called Hosts File Reader. It will show the hosts file wherever it is located.

click here

Run the program and look at the bottom part of the window, if an entry is there, double click it.

You should see the contents of that file appear in the top part of the window. You can then change, delete, append, do what you want to the file using that utility.

If you do not consciously use a hosts file, you can choose to delete it. If you do use a hosts file, then you probably know how to deal with the entries listed.

If you aren't sure, there is the "Enable/Disable" function you can use. Disabling, will backup the current hosts and create a new default one. By doing this, you should be able to access those sites again.

The current (partial) list of sites blocked by this latest malicious hosts file is:

forums.spywareinfo.com
click here
click here
merijn.org
spywareinfo.com
click here
computercops.biz
dslreports.com
click here
click here
lavasoftsupport.com
forums.net-integration.net
click here
tomcoyote.org
click here
wilderssecurity.com
click here
lavasoftusa.com
security.kolla.de
click here
click here
lavasoft.de

Nellie2 09:10 16 Jan 04

^bump^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced