Security settings...

madzad 09:25 23 Mar 05

Hi
Last week I switched my ISP from Wannadoo to Telewest Blue Yonder (Both 1meg). But ever since I switched Ive had more DNS messages than I thought was possbile.
But the DNS page refers to security settings as in "use SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0,TLS 1.0" Are all ticked under, internet options, advanced tab...
What are these and are they needed, futher more are they the culprits in this matter? I had Telewest before and had something similar happen, but the missus wanted to go back to Blue Yonder..
If anyone can help, Id really appreciate it. (Please no, go back to Le freeswerve messages.. lol)

dagwoood 11:16 23 Mar 05

Madzad, as I understand it the "use SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0,TLS 1.0" settings are needed for you to access secure servers(i.e..for internet banking or other such sites that you're exchanging/viewing sensitive data).

I'm with Blueyonder and can't recall ever having DNS problems. You could try manually configuring your network device and enter the IP addresses for the blueyonder DNS servers.

Click on start, network devices, right click on your modem, select properties, click on the writing that says Internet Protocol(TCP/IP), then click on properties. On that page, click on the button for "Use the following DNS servers and enter the following IP addresses:

193.38.113.3 for the preferred DNS

194.117.157.4 for the alternate DNS

(I got the IP addresses from click here )

HTH, dagwoood.

Yoda Knight 11:26 23 Mar 05

what protocols do you have listed, other than TCP/IP ?

madzad 12:21 23 Mar 05

Thanks Dagwood, I think its a case of "just my luck!"... I shall go back to Telewest, maybe its my device settings but in my newbie status of all things PC I shall try them first then try your advice.

Sorry Yoda.. I have no idea what a TCP/IP is... but thanks for replying.

I was hoping there was going to be something that was easy to fix, I know that I had to go through my basis net settings from Blue Yonder, such as ratings and contents advisor, which I remember from the last time I had Blue Yonder.

Thanks guys..
Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…