Security Setting problem

Bobhec 16:31 10 Nov 06

How do I find out what Security Settings my computer is set up for.I am trying to download Media player 10 but I keep getting a window saying my current security settings will not allow me to download from that site, but as far as I can see I have no sites blocked.

Totally-braindead 16:33 10 Nov 06

Is there not a bar at the top of the screen that allows you the option of allowing the download?
I presume you are on Windows XP.

anskyber 16:35 10 Nov 06

Tools, internet options, and security, to start with. You can also look at the advanced tab while you are there.

Otherwise it could be your own security software blocking it, what are you using?

Was the warning in a yellow banner across the top of the page?

Bobhec 16:38 10 Nov 06

Yes Iam using windows xp, but there is not a bar at the top of the screen allowing me access.Iam using Mcafee.

birdface 17:02 10 Nov 06

Maybe you have to be signed in as an administrator.I know some program downloads you have to be,

birdface 17:10 10 Nov 06

Also can you download Microsoft up-dates, You normally get a box popping up,That you have to click to verify that you have proper XP. Installed,After that you get a pop down bar at the top of the screen that you have to click to allow active exe to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced