Security Patch Gone Haywire Unwanted Wingdings!!

Booper 16:09 14 Feb 04

I am on Windows XP and AOL.
I have downloaded a Microsoft Office Update called Office Xp Word Perfect5.X Converter Security Patch KB824938. It has turned all my saved Word Documents to Word Pad and in one of my documents the fonts have been changed to Wingdings!!!!!
I want to remove it I can't find it in Add/Remove.
I had to insert my Small Business CDR to install it. Is it on there, if it is, where is it???
Because I can,t find it. Please help me remove the Wingdings. Thanks

ensonricky 16:15 14 Feb 04

Use system restore in programs/accesssories/system tools and restore to a time prior to the update as system restore would have set a control point prior to the update.

Booper 07:55 15 Feb 04

No joy.
Frozen completely on load up.
I have had to reinstall Windows and lost everything.
Windows XP was already built into my PC when I bought it. I have installed from CD Rom and can't find Microsoft Word, Publisher or Excel.

Andsome 08:02 15 Feb 04

Word, Publisher and Exel are not part of the Windows installation, they are not on the CD. You need an 'Office'CD.

Booper 08:09 15 Feb 04

Thanks.
Also since the installation my @ has moved to " on the keyboard on screen. Can you help with that?

VoG II 08:45 15 Feb 04

Control Panel, Keyboard and set to English (UK). Also look in Regional and Language settings.

Or try pressing ALT+SHIFT together which works on some systems.

Booper 09:04 15 Feb 04

Its says English[United States]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…