Security option definitions

Uncle Den 12:33 31 May 03

When setting Internet Options, one finds a list of "enable, disable, prompt," etc. from "Download Activex..." to "Logon" against a long list of items. Sometimes right-clicking "What's this?" will explain what the options mean - but very often it doesn't.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the precise definitions and explanations of all the various security options?

A similar list of all other such Internet Options would be very useful to help me understand precisely what I was doing when I clicked options on or off.

Uncle Den 16:24 13 Jun 03

A very kind person called Darrell has sent me a complete list of definitions and explanations of the Internet Option/Security/Custom settings. Unfortunately it's nearly 2k words long, so I can't publish it here. If anybody else want to see it, drop me an email request and I'll pop it off to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…