Security with Linux disk.

mick7 20:34 30 Dec 10

I presently do my banking on line with a Windows XP PC. To improve my security, I was wondering, if I use an external Linux disk, would I be more secure? Thanks in anticipation M. Brown

LastChip 20:59 30 Dec 10

A Live Linux CD will be far more secure than any Windows system for two reasons.

1. A Live CD cannot be written to.

2. The Linux architecture, is built with security in mind, and while it would be foolish to ever claim it's perfect, is far more secure than Windows.

It is as close as you can get at this time, to a secure environment.

Jwbjnwolf 21:18 30 Dec 10

linux is much more secure than windows.
infact, it is the safest you can ever get as to browsing and banking and stuff online.
no security is needed as linux has it all.
Just be careful not to pass on windows viruses as that is probably going to be the most you ever going to succed with even if you you try.
Linux is the at the top of the board as in security.
Apple mac comes second
and windows is the worst.
you will be as safe as houses when it comes to the internet.
Also, linux protects the system files alot more than windows is because with windows, someone has to be the administrater but with linux, some distros you have no option to be a limited user untill you enter your chosen password to do an administrative task, and other distros, you can chose(custum user recommended) as you can do an administrative task after password is entered.
limited i recommend for little children that try guessing the password untill they stuble on the correct password.

Please not: beware if you do administrative task as once you say you are the administrater, Unlike windows it will just do what you ask it to do and not ask you "are you sure" a few times.

So make sure you 100% know what you are doing!

Jwbjnwolf 21:21 30 Dec 10

you were not there when i started typing lastchip!

Man!i must be alot slower typers than you guys.
do you touch type?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac