Security Issues.

Citizen Snips 11:26 22 Jul 04

Hello,

I've recently bought a PC from Dell that comes with that McAffee security centre installed,looks pretty good and works well in the background,but for some reason it won't allow me to update,which is leaving me vunerable to internet viruses and hackers,which is very disconcerting. However,about a month or two before I bought this PC I bought Norton 2004 on my old PC,with a years subscription to automatic updates. Therefore,would recommend paying for the subscription to McAffee or using my Norton?
Which one works best?

Cheers.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:03 22 Jul 04

Waste of time paying subs...dump macafee/Norton and get AVG free edition from click here.

I have yet to see any conclusive argument that shows any home user need to pay for a firewall or AV.

AVG is used by many on here and I run an alert list of over 80 emails tht have had AVG for over a year. They are all delighted and this is better than any of the virus tests.

G

johnnyrocker 12:08 22 Jul 04

absolutely guv.

johnny.

LastChip 12:44 22 Jul 04

McAfee is average at best and Norton integrates itself so far into the system, its a pain.

I've never had any problem (virus or otherwise) with AVG.

Warning. On NO ACCOUNT try to use more than one anti-virus solution together on the computer. Invariably, they conflict with each other causing untold problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…