Security for internet banking

loopyloo 15:12 13 Sep 07

Please can you tell me if the following software I have installed is all I need for internet banking. ZoneAlarm Pro, Norton AntiVirus 2005. I will be using it mostlty on my laptop which is connected via a router to my desktop and modem. Or should I purchase Norton Internet Security which is on offer at the moment from PCWorld.

EARLR 15:28 13 Sep 07

Zone Alarm Free works fine. As far as Norton it is very resource hungry. I used it for years but dumped it in favor of Avera antivir. Can be tried for free and if you like it purchase the license. It is much cheaper than Norton.
Good luck

g0slp 15:29 13 Sep 07

Save your money. Just ensure that when you log on to your bank, the security padlock at bottom right of your browser comes on, the address for the log-in page starts https, & never, repeat NEVER reply to an email purporting to be from your bank asking you to log on & confirm something. Banks DO NOT send such emails.

mymate 15:41 13 Sep 07

I know Barclay's Bank and Nat west are sending everyone out a " card reader " you cant use internet banking with out it.
My husband who banks at Barclay's has his already and Nat west has just sent me a letter saying i am getting one .
So that should be more security.

Dellman 15:54 13 Sep 07

You could always try "bricks and mortar" rather than "clicks and mortar".....but then you might get mugged as you left the bank!!

lol

tullie 16:08 13 Sep 07

Use Avast or AVG Antivirus,no need to pay for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos