Security Firefox

highside 17:06 PM 07 Nov 11

I upload photo images to several different sites by upload, email & even FTP with no problems at all, yet to one site I have had to install Firefox because files will not upload using IE. Not happy about that I prefer to stick with IE,is there a setting I could adjust in IE eg security setting to get around this. Tried adding the site to Trusted Sites but that didnt work? Talking about small jpeg images only <1MB in RGB space. Win 7 64 bit & IE9 plus Norton Thanks

Woolwell 20:41 PM 07 Nov 11

There could be a compatibility issue with the website and IE9. Have you tried in compatibility view. I am unable to download and view pdf credit card statements in IE9 but they work fine in Firefox. Firefox hasn't got security problems so I don't understand your thread title. You can always go back to IE8.

Number six 22:54 PM 07 Nov 11

I also could never get IE9 to upload (photos to a printing firm) using FTP. In Firefox, it's quick and simple. You should have no concerns over security.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…