Security Discriptor Errors

jim1947 10:18 29 Dec 03

When I run Norton Disk Doctor, I get a message that errors in the Security Discriptors are not fixed. A report says that errors in the Volume Bitmap - Master File Table are found. I have run NDD with the Fix box checked, also CHKDSK /F, I have also done a complete check with NAV, and also Stinger. No virus's were revealed, and no attempt to fix with either NDD or CHKDSK /F works. Every time I run a check the errors are present. I have Win XP Home. Can anyone explain what the error message means, and suggest a fix please. Have to go out soon, will check back later. Many thanks

Chegs ® 11:11 29 Dec 03

Norton Disk Doctor!

Remove Norton,it would appear that Norton causes more ills than its ever likely to cure.

jim1947 12:45 29 Dec 03

Okay that's certainly one solution, but that would leave the initial problem unresolved, any other ideas as to what the errors reported are, and how to fix them. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…