Security check application

Damn Machine 13:10 24 Jan 06

I’ve just run a few of security checks with an application I found called ‘PC Security 2005’ click here.

My security applications are:
Antivirus: McAfee v9 – Firewall: Zone Alarm - Ad/Spyware: Microsoft Antispyware, Adaware, Spybot, Spyblaster

The results I’ve got back were as follows:, HACKING: ANTI-HACKING PROTECTION TEST
Detection of open ports Pass
Simulation of internet attack (port scanning) Pass
100%

VIRUS: ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION TEST
Add a “run at Windows startup” entry to registry Fail
Simulation of a file infection with know virus (EICAR) Pass
Simulation of file infected with an unknown virus Fail
Simulation of virus running in memory Fail
25%

SPYWARE: ANTI-SPYWARE PROTECTION TEST
Simulation of a spyware running in memory Fail
Add a spy component to IE Fail
Simulation of unsolicited IE start up page change Fail
0%

I was about to post this information and ask for advice when I thought I’d just have look at MS anti-spyware to make sure everything was switched on, it was OK, but I thought I’d try the test again again this time MS anti-spyware decided it was going to join in so that the first two items of the virus test also passed, although the final two spyware test still failed.

And I just found that IE’s homepage has been changed and I can’t change it back.

This all leaves me slightly confused. What is going on with MS anti-spyware, its included in startup, but doesn’t seem to work until manually accessed, but as the end of the test is followed by advice to download a realtime anti-spyware program should I actually be worried, and if so what should I/can I do about it? And how do I reenable the options to chamge my homepage?

Damn Machine 13:19 24 Jan 06

Slight updat - MS Antispyware has restored IE's homepage, but the options that allow it to be changed are all greyed out. Advice please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…