Security Certificate

the mole 09:08 18 Jul 06

My Norton antivirus will not update because of a Security Cetrtificate having expired. It has been working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.

I have been through Symantec help and spoken with there Helpline on the telephone who could'nt help he just tool me through the online assistance which I had been through several times. I have uninstalled Norton's and reinstalled but now of course the files are not upto date. Trying to update simply repeats the scenario above. I believe it's a security issue/
PLEASE HELP

Jackcoms 09:52 18 Jul 06

Uninstall again.

Make sure that there is absolutely NOTHING left over from the original installation/s by searching for Norton and/or Symantec and deleting everything.

Then clean out any leftovers with click here and click here

Reinstall and cross your fingers

jimv7 10:05 18 Jul 06

Uninstall norton and use the free avg or avast anti virus.

Jackcoms 10:08 18 Jul 06

Yep, I agree with you. But if the mole has just renewed his/her Norton subscription ...... ;-(

the mole 11:29 18 Jul 06

Thanks Jackcoms and jimv7
yes I have just bought new version of Nortons so freebees not required at thsi time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…