Security certificate

hoverman 10:58 14 Feb 04

Since re-installing XP Home yesterday, I have been getting a security alert when trying to access my e-mail account from the BT/Yahoo Broadband home page. No problems when sending/retrieving mail via Outlook Express.

When I click on 'Sign In' via BT/Yahoo a Security Alert box pops up. There are 3 listed items which read:

The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority.

The security certificate has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view.

The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid.

The later has an exclamation mark against it. Pressing the button 'View Certificate' informs me that the certificate is issued to mail.btinternet.com and is valid from 28/07/2003 to 27/07/2005. If I press on 'Proceed' the padlack appears at bottom right but disappears just before the sign in page pops up. I can sign in with no problem and view any messages.

I rang BT Broadband technical support but was told they were not aware of a problem. In fact, the lady I spoke to gave me the impression that she did not understand what I was really on about.

Although I normally send/receive emails via Outlook Express I need to go via the BT/Yahoo home page to see what spam has been intercepted. Any ideas anyone?

anon1 11:36 14 Feb 04

just accept the warning

hoverman 16:17 14 Feb 04

Good advice but I would love to know why this is happening. All was OK before the re-install of XP so I think something is not quite right at my end.

hoverman 07:00 15 Feb 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…