Security certifdicate puzzle

Dalglish2 14:05 31 Aug 09

Hi

My desktop has started pausing on boot up telling me the CPU has changed adn to update the CMOS setting, save them and then quit. Once boooted, my Firefox browser and Outlook Express flag up issues with s security certificate issue which creates pop up messages every so often.
A virus check has proved negative. Any thoughts/ remedies? many thanks
Sam

MAT ALAN 14:06 31 Aug 09

Time to change CMOS battery...

Dalglish2 15:38 31 Aug 09

great many thanks sounds logical.
Has been changed once before about 8 months ago - should it fail that quickly?

MAT ALAN 16:11 31 Aug 09

Don't see why not, you don't know exactly how old they are when you buy them, even when they are not in anything, over time a battery will loose its properties...

Dalglish2 19:16 03 Sep 09

new CMOS battery replaced, like for like but still get CPU warning on boot up and security certificate issues .... anything else it can be?
Many thanks

Technotiger 20:01 03 Sep 09

Make sure your Clock is showing the correct time.

Also try doing a Desktop cleanup, and clear out all Temp files by deleting the Temp Folder in C:Windows and then rebooting your PC. When deleting the Temp folder you may get a warning that a certain file cannot be deleted, this is normal, just continue - the PC will not delete essential files, even Temp ones. On reboot Windows will create a new empty Temp folder.

Dalglish2 19:23 04 Sep 09

Technotiger, thank you. Didnt think resetting the time would impact but it has and is now sorted!
Thanks to all.

Technotiger 20:00 04 Sep 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…